Don’t worry – this isn’t a ProTom party political broadcast! and i’m not running in the election…
With election fever all around us, I’ve been thinking that choosing the right candidate to vote for in the election is a lot like finding the right personal trainer.
I’m sure you won’t just vote for any candidate. First, you’ll want to understand what they stand for and what they are promising to deliver.
Like politicians, some personal trainers will try to seduce you with false promises of a better future (and a better you) – so it’s up to you to make sure you understand what your personal trainer is offering and what you’ll get back.
To help, here are some of my top tips about choosing the best candidate to be your personal trainer:
- Interview a few candidates. It’s really important to find the right trainer for you so don’t just commit to the first trainer you speak too. Meet a few trainers, ask them questions and book a trial session. If you don’t think you can work with them – then vote with your feet and find another trainer.
- Question their manifesto. Really interview potential trainers. Are they making claims about fast weight loss or muscle gain sound too good to be true?
- Do your research. Ask about their credentials – e.g what qualifications do they have? where did they train? how often do they update their skills?
- Choose a strong leader. Politicians and personal trainers should be good leaders. Your trainer is not your friend (my clients will tell you this!) but should have your best interests at heart. They should push you to deliver your best, in terms of effort and technique – which means that sometimes some tough love and straight talking is required. After all, if you could do this on your own, you wouldn’t need a personal trainer.
- Consider the economy. We all have different budgets, but choosing the cheapest trainer can be a false economy. A quality trainer will teach you the right technique and help you get fit whilst staying injury free. And one thing is certain – you won’t be able to find good quality training at rock bottom prices.
Your health is your number one priority – so make sure only the right personal trainer gets your vote. For more of my thoughts about how to choose a personal trainer, watch my video
Access to part 1, click here
If you want to get fit, visit my website www.1633356026-aabb4e64ee2864dd.wp-transfer.sgvps.net to see my full range of personal training services and fitness classes in Bristol.
I would like to say thank you to everyone who watched my first video. This second video is about how to find your trainer.
Now I have been looking for my trainer for over a year and a half. It is pretty hard to please me not just because I have a lot of understanding of how the training should be done, but because I am really seeking information and understanding of more techniques and execution of the exercises. In my case execution of punches and combinations and how the body moves.
I went through a lot of different trainers and finally I found one after a year and a half. It is really personal. I always tell everybody, “Shop around.” I don’t know why but in personal training it is still like, “Oh I will look up personal trainers. Boom. I am going with them.” That’s it. It is done.
No. That is not the right way. The right way is you need to try different trainers and find which one is good for you and which one is actually doing a good job. If you don’t do that it is the same as if you were going to a spine surgeon.
Would you go to the cheapest one?
Would you go to somebody who just came up on search engines? Or would you go to somebody who was recommended to you? Now obviously recommendation is a really good thing, but it doesn’t always work. My message today is make sure you look around. Do your research.
After you have done your research you go and try, and then if you are not happy you move on and try another one. This is the way forward.
Thank you for watching again. If you have any questions you can drop me a message under this video, or you can just sign up to our newsletters and receive more videos. Thank you.
ProTom Fitness. Fit body, fit mind.