Use promo code for your trial discount ‘PTtrial25’
Do you need to get fit for the slopes?
Want to be injury free, ski better or just feel more comfortable whilst skiing?
Do you hate the feeling of heavy legs and breathlessness when on the piste?
Then our ski workout programme is for you. Just 12 sessions (across a 6 week period) and you’ll be ready to hit the slopes.
Our ski exercises have been specially designed to maximise your motor skills, allowing you to accelerate and decelerate your body weight through the different angles and uneven surfaces encountered when skiing.
This is achieved by keeping to simple principles, but varying the repetition as well as combining different movement patterns which results in improved co-ordination and reactions.
Full range of movement is essential to be injury free and it enables the body to adapt to challenging situations like skiing where you will encounter changing directions or unexpected terrain conditions. Without this ability you can tear or pull muscles.
ProTom Fitness Personal Training Bristol is completely different from many others. We work with you both mentally and physically to make getting fit fun and easy. You not only get your training but you get educated about your body and its potential! Working with a personal trainer is hard work but a lot of fun!
What does the 6 week ski fit programme involve?
- Session 01 – In the first session, you’ll receive a ski fit MOT. We’ll check your movement patterns, mobility and flexibility.
- Session 02 – Leg training, rotational exercises, suspension training and ab and back exercises. If we find issues in movement patterns, a home training or gym training session with specific ski exercises will be written for you to fix address these issues.
- Session 03 – Lifting exercises for strengthening and posture, how to control your breathing and control and how to take advantage of abdominal pressure.
- Session 04 – Bosu and cable exercises, general light weight, weight training and body weight training.
- Session 05 – Medicine ball, basic ladder training and core strengthening.
- Session 06 – General HIIT training and principles, posterior chain workouts and FreeForm board or gliding disc workouts.
- Session 07 – Lateral movement skating principles with body weight and added weights.
- Session 08 – Battle rope workouts and single leg workouts with suspension training
- Session 09 – Stability ball workouts with some ski specific movements, light lifting exercises with high reps and cardio HIIT conditioning.
- Session 10 – BOSU jumps and double BOSU Polymeric workouts, advanced ladder training and lactic acid threshold training.
- Session 11 – Cable Russian twists with variations and FreeForm board or gliding disc workouts.
- Session 12 – BOSU jumps, double BOSU Polymeric workouts and advanced level of ladder training with Heismann principles.
At the end of each session, we will ensure you have stretched properly. Stretches are more important than the training itself. These days many personal trainers are neglecting this.
What are the benefits of Ski Fit Training with ProTom Fitness?
- Expert training – from our highly qualified personal trainers
- Detailed training plan – designed to get you ready for the slopes in 6 weeks
- Home and gym exercise plan – to help you maximise your training
- Flexible and convenient – we come you and training sessions can be booked to fit around your schedule
- Learn the correct technique – to avoid injury and improve performance – both on and off the slopes
- One on one support – with ongoing communication and feedback, to help you reach your fitness goals
- A choice of Bristol training venue – choose to train at The Workout Harbourside gym Bristol BS1, Clifton Gym BS8, Redland BS6, Keynsham BS31, Pill BS20 and Longwell Green BS30 or we can train you at home
How much does it cost?
Personal training packed include 12 x 60 minute training sessions and a tailored home & gym training plan.
· Book your trial session for £25 – with money back guarantee or
How do I book and pay for a trial or ski fit training session?
- Create an account (if you are already a client – simply log in to your account)
- Choose your trial or training session from the drop down list
- Pay online using our secure card payment system
- If you are new to training with us, we will also ask you to fill out a short questionnaire
- We’ll be in touch to book your appointment
Booking a trial or a training session with us is easy…